Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taking My Own Advice: Scarves, Sweaters, and Button-Ups

Remember a few weeks ago I tried giving out some feigning fashion advice? In a nutshell, I said, "If you do X, you'll pass for fashionable". Substitute X for adding a scarf, or wearing a sweater, or wearing a button-up. I did all three today. Unintentionally.

Plaid shirt: American Eagle - gift
Sweater: Jared's (Old Navy?)
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Scarf: got it in Spain

About this outfit: I was originally going to wear a white button up and my grey blazer because there was a guest lecturer this afternoon. I realized it was silly to get dressed up for that, so I wanted to play it down and wear a button up, a sweater, and my navy blazer. Well, it turns out that those three things didn't go so well together (and since my navy blazer is already small on me, I can't layer underneath it). So I decided to ditch the blazer altogether and opt for a plaid shirt and sweater combo. In fear that I'd already done the plaid shirt with the oatmeal v-neck, I substituted the v-neck for a black sweater. Fearing that was too plain (or too boy-ish), I added a bright (girly) scarf and called it a day. It seemed to work. ... Although one of my colleagues complimented me on my shirt (and its bright colors), so it's just a shame that I covered it up with black. Maybe next time I'll try it with a dark button-up cardigan (open). [I need a way to remind myself of these ideas.]

I only am upset with myself for not starting my homework earlier. This caused me to run late this morning, and forgot to grab my new earrings. Oh well. Another day. I guess it's a good thing I didn't, though. This is the first day in a long time that nothing I wore came from The Limited. Had I worn the earrings, The Limited would've had another tag. I should seriously get paid for sponsoring them like this. Too bad no one actually reads this blog? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...