Friday, February 24, 2012

Monochromatic Blue and Blogging Complaints

Here's my outfit: (Yes, I realize that I need to find a better place to take photos, and that the quality of this picture is not phenomenal. So what. You get the point)


Shirt, pants, belt: The Limited
Necklace: Forever 21 (recent!)




detail







Had my pants been hemmed, I would have worn my leopard flats. Unfortunately they are way too long, so I wore some brown-ish tweed heels. I ended up taking them back because they killed my feet. And of course, they didn't have my size. Oh well. Shoes will come, shoes will go. I've been to Payless so many times lately, it's getting sort of awkward. 

Here's another rant:

First, on bloggers. I complained enough yesterday about the lack of updates from over half of my bookmarked blogs. Thanks, ladies. Way to keep things fun. One aspect I neglected to mention yesterday is my disdain for J. Crew. I'm not an idiot- they have really cute stuff. But seriously, who in their right mind actually thinks that what they are getting is even worth what they are paying?! Yes, that skirt with the hearts on it IS adorable. But $180 adorable?! Unless you are making six figures yearly, then it is ridiculously overpriced. I understand that there are plenty of women out there who have rich husbands and can buy whatever the heck they please. I understand that not having pets adds a few extra hundred dollars to your budget yearly (at least). But this rant is about the K-12 educators. I guess I am making an assumption that all the ones I see are public school educators. I guess I am also making a crazy assumption that everyone keeps the clothes they model. Hell, maybe I am doing it wrong by actually wearing shit I own. Maybe I should just buy tons of clothes, take some pictures of myself wearing them, and return them. It sure would save a hell of a lot of money. But surely not every blogger does this. I can't imagine that they are all getting their clothes on really great sales either. So where the hell is all this money coming from?! That's one beef I have. 

The other complaint comes from the girls whose outfits are made up of mostly J. Crew on a daily basis, and yet they look so disheveled - almost like they got dressed in the dark. As if they went to their closets with their eyes closed and picked a top and a bottom and decided it works. Or maybe they do that at the store. Or maybe they just buy what is left on the sales rack and buy it simply because it's J. Crew?! I don't understand. Help me out here, I really feel out of the loop!

I feel like I've bitched enough times about the "I'm gonna stick out my right hand and stare at it" pose. One blogger is notorious for that. The other thing I can't stand is how uncoordinated outfits look lately. And there's this spirit behind it that's like "wear what you like!" Who cares if it looks like you're eight and playing dress up with your mom's clothes? All the more power to you! -- I guess this is the American dream, right? Everyone is awesome at everything, no matter how much you may suck, you're still great! Barf. Gag me with a spoon. A striped skirt and a plaid shirt just doesn't work! Don't tell the world how much you love that outfit -- it makes you look like a bigger idiot than your picture alone. You've already spoken 1,000 words too many with your photo (more like 3,000 for the average blogger). Why are you loving your look? Is it because you fell and hit your head? 

I love color. Don't get me wrong. I am so happy that everywhere you go this spring, you're getting bright colors or polka dots. (Thank goodness designers have enough sense to keep polka and color separate-- could you imagine the monstrosity of a green skirt with red dots? Gross.) The problem, however, is that people think any two colors match! I have a cobalt skirt that I once tried to pair with a fuchsia v-neck tee. The husband said it looked dumb, but I dismissed his comment because he's colorblind and doesn't like putting colors together. Since his comment, however, I've been less and less inclined to put the two together. It reminds me of when The Limited came out with a slew of crimson (dark blood) red and bright teals in the same floor set. One of my fashion icons at the time said that the two colors just don't go together - one's warm and the other's cool. Apparently you can't mix those together. How often do people do that though? How many bloggers out there can even tell me the difference between a warm and cool color? I'm not saying that no one out there knows, but I am saying that either I'm so out of my element, or most fashion bloggers out there are just... dumb. 

The best part about this is that one particularly annoying blogger recently did a few posts on how great fellow bloggers are. Pft. You're full of crap, dumb girl. You're clearly just trying to blow smoke up people's asses to get more followers. Is it that I am a philosopher-queen because I blog for the sake of blogging? I don't care whether anyone actually reads this? Do you know how I know that that is in fact a true claim? It's because I know I don't have any followers. So I can say whatever the fuck I please.

So here's my plea to all my non-readers out there: help me restore some confidence in the world, or at least in blogging everyday outfits. 

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your honesty! I thought the same thing when I started blogging and I make a great living! But I couldn't understand how folks were affording all this fabulous drag! But to each his or her own. Keep being true to yourself!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...