Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Much is Too Much?

I decided last night that I would wear my brown pants for today. I want to make sure I actually wear them while it's cool out, and it's a good challenge to try to create outfits around brown pants. Seriously. If you had to, how would you go about it? I took a couple things into consideration. 

Lace top: Moda c/o MJR Sales
Necklace: Forever 21
Cardigan, Pants, Belt: The Limited
Not pictured: Cognac Flats: Steve Madden
About my outfit: First, I wanted to wear something I hadn't worn in a long time (or ever). I grabbed my pink lace top, and thought it looked great together, but that there was no way I could teach in the lace top. So, I remembered my monochromatic challenge for the week, and grabbed a fuchsia cardigan. Holy smokes, Batman! I knew I needed a skinny belt, it was just the question of which color: green, snakeskin silver, or violet purple. Clearly we see what I opted for. The last step was to accessorize. I went through all my necklaces and this was the one that worked best, in my opinion. (It is also one that I have had for months, but have never actually worn.)
I thought this outfit looked great, but as the day went on, I started getting worried that I looked ridiculous sporting four different colors (hues, really). What do you think? Too much color?

The problem with this question is that if these were four distinct colors, you'd think I was crazy for even asking such a question. Given that they are similar shades, however, it's not a ridiculous question. Help me out here, and throw me a bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...