Monday, February 20, 2012

Green & Argyle

Argyle. What a funny word. Too bad I can't be in such a light-hearted mood about this outfit.

Cardigan & Pants: The Limited
Necklace: Forever 21
I guess five pound weight gain shows up a lot more than I thought? Either this sweater makes me look fat or this angle is entirely unforgiving. Also, my chest looks lopsided. How embarrassing. I also forgot to add a skinny belt (either around the waist or through the belt loops), so this outfit looks really plain.

I feel like that's the other reason I've been "unfashionable" the past few years. The things I wear are just really plain and really safe. We've been through this before, but it still rings true. The other reason could be attributed to feeling self-conscious and simply finding it easier to turn to sweats and tshirts instead of embracing my figure. What do you do when you're feeling self conscious about your body? Do you ignore it and wear whatever you want, or do you purposely wear looser fitting clothing or something that will hide your undesirables? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...