Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cop-Out #2: Just Add Jewelry

One of my New Years' (unofficial) Resolutions includes trying to look nice for all occasions, which essentially boils down to reducing the frequency of wearing hoodies. Albeit I was tempted to today, until Jared called it a "semi-date", I decided to wear something I have not worn yet this year. After all, I do believe there is nothing wrong with repeating outfits, so long as it isn't done too often, and that it's not done twice in a row. Doing it twice in a row increases the likelihood of wearing an already been worn outfit three times in a row, and we all know, once you do something three times in a row, it becomes a habit. Also, I consider a repeat outfit something similar to "scrubbing it". By no means do I consider a repeat outfit the equivalent of wearing sweatpants. All I'm saying is that doing something you've already done is mentally lazy. Wearing sweatpants, on the other hand, is physically lazy.

Even though I was really tempted to just throw on my cowlneck from last night, I wanted to stick with my challenge. I think it worked out just fine.
Black T: Kohl's - old
V-neck Sweater: Target - Christmas gift
Necklace: The Limited
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
When I originally put on the tee, I was going to pair it with a crewneck sweater, but then decided to wear the purple v-neck since Jared got it for me as a stocking stuffer, and I had actually not worn it yet. (PS: He got it for $4! What an awesome deal!) Anyway, I knew immediately that something was missing. My first thought: statement necklace. I looked at my wall of necklaces and was debating between a few of them, but grabbed this one and liked the look. My statement necklaces are severely lacking, but I think it's one of those things that you have to wait on -- there are plenty out there, but it's not something that you go out and find. I believe that the right statement necklace will come to you.

Feigning Fashion Tip of the Day: Just add jewelry. Now, I don't recommend just throwing something on and adding jewelry. I think this tip works when you have a "plain" outfit. There is nothing special about a black tshirt and a vneck. I'm sorry tee, I'm sorry v-neck, you're just ... common. However, when you're paired with some jewelry, you become a great lunch-date outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...