Friday, January 20, 2012

Cop-Out #1: Repeat

It's been a long week, and my inspiration for outfits was at a low point. I had tried on a lot of combinations last night, but nothing was working for me. Part of the problem is that I'm convinced I've gained like 15 pounds since the wedding and I just feel fat. Everything is tight on me. We've all been there. There's no need to say any more.

So let's talk about outfits instead. 
 

Everything: The Limited
I wore this one because it was easy. I had a regular collared shirt on Wednesday, so I didn't want to do that again. I didn't want to bust out the skinny belt and cardigan combo just yet. And it is way too cold for me to be wearing a skirt. So my options were limited to this, a cowl neck, or a sweater. I opted for this, obviously. I know it's a repeat, but I haven't worn it yet this semester, so I'd argue that I'm off the hook. The creative and more fun outfits will come when warmer weather comes.

Maybe what will set me apart from other bloggers will be (besides my philosophical genius mind) my keen sense on copping-out. I will give advice on ways to feign fashionability. So here's my feigning fashion tip for the day: Repeat outfits. Don't feel pressure to do something new and bold every day. Just make sure enough time has passed by before you repeat again. And if enough time hasn't gone by, make one alteration. For example, I could have worn a green skinny belt with this. Totally crazy, I know!

I hung out with some department colleagues for dinner. Since it was being held at a house (rather than real-life public restaurant), and the theme of the day is copping-out, I figured it was only proper to do as little as possible, while doing enough to achieve effortlessly stylish status. (I changed out of my outfit before I took the picture, so this isn't entirely accurate. It's enough to get the point across.)

Cowlneck & Belt: The Limited
Skinny jeans (not pictured): The Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...